Ads Top

Why I call my years in School my working Experience in the Labour Market

It’s so common in diverse sectors of the government especially in Nigeria to find job vacancies with years of experience attached to it. This has been so disgusting to many youth, especially to the fresh graduates.


Applying for job sometimes becomes regretful because of the requirement they entail from the firm or organization. This makes employment stressful for new graduates who have never worked for any firm before.


Here is the reason I call my years on campus my working experience.
For instance, I went to school to study civil Engineering for four or five (4-5) years, I’ve never worked for anybody, I just graduated and am seeking for job and I saw an advert for my field of study only to apply and meet two to three (2-3) years’ experience. I just simply tell them, I have four years’ experience, when asked of  the organization I got my experience from, it’s easy as I got it from the school I graduated from.

However, further questions may arise like how do you obtain the experience? I simply say I read several handouts, wrote several tests and examinations, did several practical and also sat under several qualified lecturers.

Therefore, for me to come out with a quality and respectful result shows I passed my trainings very well. And for such I deserve to work before I can get further experience.

Our Nation has to be moderate with what they require from fresh graduate or employee.
#favourvic

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.