Ads Top

Is It Wrong For A Man To Kneel Down To Propose To His Lover: Pete Edochie


Veteran Nollywood actor, Pete Edochie , dished out warning to men who go on their knees to propose to their lovers by
stating that such is not African, and is wrong.

According to him ‘It is not our lifestyle. Kneeling before a girl in Igbo tradition means handing over authority to her, she becomes the head of the family.

Marriage in Igbo tradition is when a lady gives her husband to be wine while
kneeling down. What does that signify? That the man has accepted as the husband of the lady.

It is a lady who kneels before the
husband, not vice versa So it is our duty to correct the children of this generation. I have lived with my wife for 50 years’

He added  “Kneeling to propose to a woman is white people’s culture because women dominate there and have more right than men, it is not the African man’s ways”

“I didn’t kneel to propose to my wife
and we’ve stayed 50years in our
marriage, I took my time to woo her,
when it’s time to settle down, I asked if
she’ll marry me and that was it”, he
said.

Now do you take side with this...let hear from you...

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.